In order to buy a drink at the festival you will have to purchase a glass and a beer card – no cash is accepted over the beer or cider bars.
Just follow these pointers and you won’t go wrong:
- On entering the festival purchase a glass and a beer card. If you don’t want to keep your festival glass as a souvenir, you can get a full refund if you return it, unbroken before the close of the festival. Each beer card is worth £10. You can get a refund on unused tokens at the end of each session or you can place them in the charity box.
- Pick up a copy of the programme which contains a beer list for the festival. Not every beer will be available all the time, some may not be ready for serving and others may have been polished off.
- Move to the bar. The beers are arranged alphabetically, A-Z, at the start of the weekend, but as restocking takes place a few may appear out of sequence.
- Each beer that is ready for drinking has a card displayed showing the brewery name, beer name, alcoholic strength and price. Ask for your beer, hand over your beer card. – the bar staff will cross off the appropriate amount. There’s your first pint!
- When you have run out of credit on your beer card you can purchase another one from the front desk.
Don’t forget to vote for your beer of the festival, there will be a voting form in your program.
Please be aware we will be testing bank notes. With an increasing number of fake notes in circulation we will be checking all £20 & £50 notes and a random selection of £10 notes. This will be done in front of you and any notes that test negatively will not be accepted.